Before making the big move North to the island of Hokkaido with the hopes of more consistent snowfall and a deeper snowpack (which was instead met with rain), we stopped to see the snow monkeys at Jurokudani before leaving the area. Continue reading Snow Monkeys!
Every skier knows what I’m talking about. That moment when freezing levels go from 0 meters to 2000 meters can really put a damper on your ski plans, just like how bringing the wrong adaptor for your laptop can prevent you from backing up photos or blogging. Oh well…
Since Hakuba, we made the trek north to Hokkaido via ferry. The main island of Honshu hasn’t been seeing as much snow this year, so at the advice of some friends we made a big move north. It turned out to be a good move! Continue reading The “R” Word
- Wednesday: Last day of work
- Thursday: Pack, pack, and then pack some more
- Friday: Drive from Lafayette, CO to Manhattan, IL
- Saturday: Unpack, repack, wonder what we forgot…
- Sunday: Fly from Chicago -> Seoul
- Monday: Disappeared. Really, I don’t know where it went.
- Tuesday: Fly from Seoul -> Narita, Japan